Personal information (such as telephone number, billing address or credit card information) provided by the Customer will only be used for the purposes of trade and delivery in line with the purpose of this website. By using this website, the Customer consents to the processing of information as described and warrants that all data provided by the Customer is accurate.
The website may also make use of ‘cookies’ from time to time. Cookies are small software messages kept in the Customer’s browser that enable us to learn about a Customer’s preferences so we can better meet their individual needs.
For example, cookies may allow our brands to target to you particular styles that you have shown an interest in. They may also allow us to identify other key information for the Customer such as when an item has been left in the shopping cart, or whether or not a Customer is returning to our website. It is common for most internet browsers to be set up to accept cookies.
However, if the Customer does not wish to receive cookies, they may adjust their browser settings to notify them each time that a cookie is used on their browser, or even refuse accepting cookies altogether. Please note that turning off these services may mean some features on our website are not available to you.
What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- 1. Contact details: name, telephone, residential, mailing and email addresses;
- 2. Demographics: date of birth, gender, age, income, occupation, hobbies and interests;
- 3. Product and service information: details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- 4. Feedback: information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time; and
- 5. Analytics: information relating to you that you provide to us indirectly through the use of our websites or online presence, including your IP addresses.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information?
Customer service, including to:
- complete transactions in store or online
- deliver products and services;
- provide our loyalty program; and
- deal with queries, comments or customer service issues promptly whether by email, social media, telephone or mail. (We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives).
Marketing, including to:
- keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. (You are able to "opt-out" from this activity at any time);
- evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising; and
- evaluate our website’s performance and to improve the content we display to you.
Business operations, including to:
- analyse our business, including for planning, marketing, research, recruiting and training purposes;
- enhance your customer experience in store and online and help us complete your transactions faster; and
- administer our business, analyse trends, administer our website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
*we may provide your information to related companies, service provider, purchasers of our business or partner (facebook, google, instagram) in times of need for a better experience. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your Personal Information have security and privacy practices that are at least as rigorous as ours.
Access and correction
You may request access to any Personal Information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you).There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.If you believe that Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the Personal Information stating you disagree with it.
Breach of privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. Our procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breach may involve: making an assessment; taking immediate steps to contain the breach; designating a person/team to coordinate a response; consider what Personal Information is involved; determine whether the context of the information is important; establish the cause and extent of the breach; identify what is the risk of harm (if any); conduct a risk analysis on a case-by-case basis, and consider whether notification is required.
Changes to this statement